Wednesday 19 May 2010

The Shrink

I have a psychoanalyst. Being brought up on Woody Allen movies I always figured I would have one sometime and I have found mine. She's not what I expected.

Mind you, I am not what she expected either. The first time we had a session I asked her for a cup of tea and a biscuit because I hadn't had any breakfast yet. She rustled them up whilst I admired the view from her city flat and listened to her tell me she didn't usually do this for clients. We both laughed.

When we moved into her consulting room and I found myself telling her that I had taken a lover, I expected some deep dark exploration of subterranean issues to do with my childhood. We dug a little, I admit, but not before she had leant forward, looked at me with a pair of piercing but kindly eyes and said "we put so called normal morals aside here and look for what's right for you...and if it's good for you to have lover after lover then that might be what you need to do...and (as she looked me up and down) I am sure you will have no problem doing it."

Of course, that was it... I was all on for finding out that it was good for me to have lover after lover...but it's never that simple is it?

She knew that my relationship with Bad Boy would descend into a dominant/submission one before I did. I remember stumbling over the words as I told her, and then the simple shrug and the reply that she had been waiting for this. We laughed. She had known that Bad Boy and I were Dominant and submissive from the start. I was starting to catch on. The only one that wasn't up to speed was Bad Boy himself....

I haven't told her about Sir yet. I don't think she'll be surprised. When I first told her about my interest in DS she suggested I do my own exploration...and I think she knew what would happen. Well, seeing as she knows me so well I am sure she knew what would happen. The question is...does she know what will happen next?

No comments:

Post a Comment