Tuesday 11 May 2010

Vanilla and DS Friends

Until recently ago all my friends...well, as far as I knew, were Vanilla. I think that it's a bit of a popular myth (or maybe it's just the circles I run in) that women talk about their sex lives. They may moan about, or the lack of it, but I've rarely heard a woman talk frankly about it. And never heard one brag about it. Well, only the once and as the rest of us couldn't stand the bloke it was the sudden epiphany as to why she was still with him.

So it's been difficult to find people to talk to. I have one Vanilla friend that I confide in, an Australian girl that I admire greatly for being able to drink me under the table. We met when she was embroiled in an affair, and I was......well, let's forget that for the moment. Since then we have lived vicariously through each other, both understanding the taunt of a silent mobile, and the elastic band of time that stretches, way out of proportion, until the next meeting.

But my ventures into DS have set me slightly apart. Even she, my part-time compatriot, sometimes can't understand where I am coming from....although I have to admit I do get a kick out of her saucer-like eyes as she listens to my latest adventure.

But making friends in DS land isn't so easy. I'm not the type to go to Munches...I've never been a joiner in and hate gangs or groups of any sort unless I am the boss...or the hostess.

One thing that seems to work for me is finding people who write...of course the writing is mainly about DS or kinky sex or some aspect of the lifestyle, but the writing seems to remove you and allow you to connect in a much less intense fashion. Plus, of course, I get to see lots of erotic stories at the same time!

2 comments:

  1. Well said. You know you can have as many Ds friends as you desire... the tough part for many is staying just friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe that Betty did originally point out in her post that Dominants tend to be after one thing (not named), but that part of the post now seems to have been deleted!? Perhaps her situation is complex and fluid?

    ReplyDelete