Thursday 24 June 2010

Shifting Friendships

I had lunch today with one my Vanilla friend who knows about this side of me.It was a lovely giggly, girlie lunch which helped me think a few things through at the same time.

I've given her the link to this site (a first for someone who knows who I am!) and am dying to hear what she thinks....

It's interesting how my friends have been slowly changing over the last year or so. For a start, I seem to be drawn to writers and artists: people who are carving out the time to write and practise their craft. I also seem to be drawn to people in the DS arena.

Sex is the least of it. What I like is that they seem to have a lovely acceptance of other people and a patience too...the knowledge that everything develops at its own rate and you have to enjoy the journey. As someone who is by nature very impatient, I find this both alluring and attractive.


I am also finding people in this world very supportive of each other, and in my case particularly they have an understanding of my deep desire to do the creative writing MA I so want to do....and yet at the moment can't as others see it as too selfish of me.

I can see how for them DS, and indeed in some cases S&M, has brought them a powerful sense of liberation. Having been through such intense experiences, everyday life shit that used to phase them is trivial by comparison.

I believe I'll get there one day, if I can only be patient...

No comments:

Post a Comment